Does the state also cover legal costs if I want to sue or am sued and I have no money?

If your income is not sufficient to cover any legal costs, you have the option of applying for legal aid (PKH). This is granted if your case has a chance of success and if you would not be financially able to bear any legal costs. You can find the required PKH form under Services/Download. You must provide evidence of your financial circumstances (income, living expenses such as rent, etc.). You may only be granted an interest-free loan, which must be repaid.